Check Out What Our Customers Are Saying
Ric Leobold on 02/03/2024Facility is clean and temperature control works very well. We were customers for 5 years and never had a complaint. Reasonable pricing foe the quality received.
Marlene J on 11/01/2023The staff at this location work diligently to serve their customers. They're always kind and courteous to everyone whether it's on yhe phone or in person. I definitely recommend them as reliable and trustworthy. Thank you for being such terrific people!!!
Greg Eppard on 10/03/2023Very convenient, easy access, very happy that I chose your facility
RV, Car, and Boat Parking
Online Bill Pay
Boxes & Supplies
Fenced & Gated
Harrisonburg Self Storage in Harrisonburg, Virginia, provides storage solutions to the entire Harrisonburg area, including JMU, the apartments on Chestnut Ridge Drive, Broadway, Elkton, Grottoes and Dayton. Our facility is a great storage destination for students who need a place to store their items during summer or winter break. Whatever you’re storing, we have space for it. Reserve your unit today! We also have RV, Boat, and Auto parking
Secure, Flexible Self Storage in Harrisonburg, VA
Ground level units with drive up access, student storage, summer storage, JMU storage, RV parking
Our premier facility in Harrisonburg offers stellar customer service and great amenities to make your storage experience simple and successful! Since security is important to us, our Resident manager ensures that your items are safe and secure.
All of our units are ground level with easy access, so you won’t have to haul your belongings up elevators or flights of stairs. Since we want to make everything as convenient for you as possible, we sell boxes and moving supplies at our office in case you run out in the middle of your move. We offer a discount to police officers, firefighters, EMTs, senior citizens and military personnel. Stop by or call our facility today to talk to a manager about how we can meet your storage needs!
Harrisonburg Self Storage
Guidelines for Self Storage Online Auctions:
- The auction is open to the public and there are no sealed bids.
- All units are sold “As Is”. There are no warranties/guarantees on items purchased.
- Potential bidders may view the contents of the units on www.lockerfox.com within 24 hours of the auction being advertised and bid until the auction closes.
- The contents of the units are sold in their entirety. Winning bidders are fully responsible for removal of the entire contents of the purchased unit. Failure to do so will disqualify the bidder from participating in future auctions.
- $100.00 CASH cleaning deposit is required at pick up and will be returned once the unit has been verified vacant and clean. Failure to completely empty and clean the unit will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- You must secure your unit with your own padlock. Once the units are purchased, they may not be left unlocked if they are unattended. Padlocks are sold in the office if one is needed.
- The Auction on www.lockerfox.com sells the units to the highest bidder. It is a soft close bid in that as long as bidding is steady, time may extend. Full purchase price must be paid in the rental office. CASH ONLY.
- Winning bidder will be given 48 hours to remove the items from the storage unit. Additional time may be discussed with Property Manager. Likewise, for property access hours or if additional time is needed, please contact the rental office.
- Dumpster on property is not to be used for any reason by any auction winners.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL
- Optional: Please return obvious personal items (photo albums, family pictures, documents such as birth certificates etc.) to the office so that they may be returned to the original owner if at all possible.
We reserve the right to cancel any auction on any unit without prior notice. Please check with our office or www.lockerfox.com to be sure that there is still an active auction. If you have any questions about the online auction process, please feel free to check out the “how it works” page on https://www.lockerfox.com/online-storage-auctions/ or call the office.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is required to rent a unit?
You will need one form of current federal or state issued identification with a photograph and signature on it, such as your driver's license, a phone number where we can reach you if needed, and an emergency contact.You will be required to pay the first month's rent and a one time $22.00 non-refundable Administration Fee. .
Can I rent a unit online?
You can reserve a unit online. Once the request is received by the facility, you will receive a follow up call within 24 hours confirming your reservation. If the unit is listed as "Call for Availability," contact the facility directly to ensure the unit is available.Once we secure your unit for you, we can do all paperwork electronically, You never have to make a visit to our office. It is an easy and smooth transaction.
How long do I have to rent the unit?
All of our rental agreements are on a month-to-month basis with a one month minimum. You rent with us only as long as you need the space.
When is my rent due?
Your rent is due on the anniversary date of the day you rented the unit. For example, if you rented the unit on the 5th day of the month, then your rent is due on the 5th of every month that follows. We do not send out bills, so it is your responsibility to pay your rent on time. We also offer an automatic payment option with your credit card and can easily be done by phone. We also offer a Pay Online feature or click the Make a Payment tab at the top of the screen. Please note: To use this feature you will need to establish a Pin number first with the manager.
What size unit do I need?
Please use our Storage Calculator to help you determine what size storage unit you should rent. It takes just a few minutes to add the items that you want to store and it will calculate the estimated size you need. You can also give the facility a call and we will be happy to walk you through the process of determining the size storage unit you will need.**Space sizes are approximate and for comparison purposes only**
What items cannot be stored in my unit?
No hazardous materials may be stored in the units. This includes flammable, explosives, corrosives, or poisons. No food items should be stored in your unit.
What security features do you have?
We have a Resident Manager that lives on the premises for added security. You will set up a unique gate access code at the time of rental to enter the gates. We have a video surveillance system, security fencing, and lighting.
What does climate-controlled mean?
Climate-controlled spaces are heated and cooled depending on outside temperature and humidity. Climate-controlled spaces protect your belongings from extreme temperatures. These spaces do not provide constant internal temperature and humidity control. Temperature and humidity may fluctuate due to changes in outside temperature and humidity. Climate-controlled units are inside units and are accessed through an outside door and down a hallway, which also protects your belongings from dust.
What is a drive-up unit?
A drive-up unit is a ground-level unit that is easily accessible to load or unload your belongings. You can drive your vehicle right up to the door of your unit.
When can I access my unit?
You have access to your unit seven days a week, 365 days a year from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
What's the difference between gate hours and office hours?
During gate hours, the gates will be open or you can use your gate code to access your storage unit. During office hours, our manager is available to provide in-person customer service like answering questions, selling supplies, and accepting rental payments.
Do you provide locks?
Yes, you can purchase a new lock at the office. Only you will have a key for your lock and unit. You may also bring your own lock. It is your responsibility to keep your key or combination to your lock.
Does anyone else have access to my unit?
No one has access to your unit unless you give them the key to your unit.
If I forget my gate access code, what do I do?
Contact the manager at (540) 432-9657 for assistance.
Do you provide moving equipment?
Yes, there are loading carts in the hallway of the climate-controlled buildings. The only thing we ask is that you put them back when you are finished using them.
Does your facility accommodate large moving trucks and tractor-trailers?
Certain units are more accessible than others. Please consult with the manager if you expect to have a tractor-trailer delivery.
Do you sell storage and moving supplies such as boxes and tape?
Yes, we offer a full line of moving supplies at each of our locations. We have small, medium, and large boxes, paper to wrap your valuables, bubble wrap, and tape. We also offer mattress covers, sofa and chair covers and additional items to help you make a smooth transition into your storage unit.Please contact the Manager for more specific details on the supplies at their facility. You may also click here to see our full line of packing supplies.
Will I receive a monthly invoice?
Only business customers receive invoices. All other customers simply pay monthly the way they would for an apartment.
How can I pay my bill?
Pay in person - drop by our office and pay by cash, check, or credit card
Pay by mail - Please make sure to put your unit number on your check or money order. Please do not send cash through the mail.
Auto Pay - You can set up Auto Pay with our manager during move-in or anytime during your stay. On a monthly basis, we will automatically charge your credit card for you. Setting up Auto Pay ensures that you are never late for your payment and will not accrue a late fee.
Pay Online - You can Pay Online by clicking the "Make a Payment" tab on our website. You must first request a PIN number from our manager. Once you have the PIN number, choose the correct facility and enter your Space number and PIN number and follow the instructions.
Do you require insurance on my stored goods?
You are responsible for the items you are storing at our facility. You are required to insure your items while they are in storage. You may be covered under an insurance policy you already have, or you may purchase insurance with us through Storsmart Insurance. If you already have insurance for your goods, please provide us with proof of coverage in the form of an Insurance Declaration Page that can be easily obtained by contacting your insurance company.
From Harrisonburg, VA:
- Head north on N Main St toward Court Square
- Turn right onto E Elizabeth St
- Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto N Mason St
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto E Market St
- You’ve arrived at Harrisonburg Self Storage
From I81 South:
- Take exit 247A to merge onto US-33 E/East Market Street toward Elkton
- Turn right off US-33 East at Harrisonburg Self Storage Road Sign, visible from US-33
From James Madison University:
- Head south on Carrier Dr toward University Blvd
- Turn left onto University Blvd
- Turn right onto Evelyn Byrd Ave
- Turn right onto E Market St
- You’ve arrived at Harrisonburg Self Storage